Did you guys watch the Eurovision show last Saturday? Jonas and I watched the second semi-final, and when Denmark qualified for the final, we couldn’t not tune in to the final. Throughout the show we each kept track of our personal rating, and let’s just say that none of us agreed with the final score. In this blog post, I will give you a run-down of my winners and losers plus an honorable mention. Continue reading
I have never really kept a journal except for about a week when I was very young, and even then I didn’t really do it properly. I always had this idea in my head about what you should write in a journal, and my life never really lived up to that. I didn’t suffer the big heartaches or crushes that deserved page after page in a book, which the protagonist always seemed to write about in American movies – and we all know American teen movies accurately depict reality. At least I didn’t at the time when I kept a journal, and once I started having journal-worthy experiences (which I now know have a much broader range than love), I never really knew how to write about it.
However, on 16 February 2017 I started writing a journal, and I can pinpoint the exact date because of this book. Continue reading
Okay you guys, I might seem super obsessed with all things Irish with my recent referral to St. Patrick’s Day, and now I’m sharing this song with you, but I’m no more obsessed than always. I have just always had a thing for riverdance. It always gives me goosebumbs when I watch it, and I would LOVE to learn it for myself!
In my Zumba class, we have a recurring routine that is inspired by riverdance (very loosely, because that stuff is HARD), and even though it always comes on towards the end of the class where most of my energy is spent, I always get a burst of new energy for this song. After class, I stayed behind to ask our instructor for the name of the song, and this was it, so this is a great starting point for when I want to dream that I was that quick on my feet. Seriously, have you seen how talented they are!?
It’s been so long – nearly two years in fact! – that I have shared a song with you that I am currently obsessed with. There are a couple of reasons for that: 1) I became a little lazy and didn’t always feel like writing long(er) blog posts, and notd-posts are just quicker to write; and most importantly 2) the posts weren’t that popular, and for a long time, I feel like I’ve blogged more for the sake of other’s than my own, and only writing posts that I knew would be popular. However, I think that’s a shame, because music is just as big a part of my life as beauty is, so I’m bringing back the series.
The first song to kick off the series again comes from Continue reading
I’m a nail polish hoarder. I keep all the ones I’m given, and I buy too many myself. After having bought some in November/December and receiving some for my birthday and christmas, I didn’t really have any space left in the drawer I keep them in, so I decided it was time to declutter and get rid of some.
I have divided them into 4 categories: Base and top coats, Empty/dry polishes, Don’t really use (anymore) and Dislikes.
Base and top coats
This category consists of base and top coats that I’ve kept as backups after buying new ones. You know, the bottles that are almost used up and impossible to use, but you convince yourself that it would be a waste to throw away that last drop? Yes, those ones. Continue reading
I love to use everything that lights up as christmas decorations. It makes me so happy, and even when it is dark 16 hours a day, you can still bring some coziness into your life.
How do you decorate for christmas?
The other day I told to you about my non-beauty related wishes. Today, I bring you my wishlist: the Beauty Edition.
- Diesel Loverdose Eau De Parfum. I got this a couple of years ago and I used it all up, so now I’d really like a new one.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-In-Oil. I need all the moisture I can get in these cold winter months.
- The Body Shop Warming Mineral Mask. This mask works wonders! Plus, it’s a really nice sensation that it heats up on your skin.
- OPI Nail Envy. My favorite base coat.
- Essie Gel Setter Top Coat. My favorite top coat.
- The Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail Oil. I’ve been using this for a couple of weeks, and I LOVE it! (maybe I should review this one day…)
- Essie Spa Starter Scrub. When you take macro shots of your hands as often as I do, it’s nice to have them looking nice.
- The Body Shop Smoky Eye Definer Eyeliner. I’ve tried many different black eyeliner pencils throughout the years, but I always keep coming back to this one.
- Zoya Pixie Dust. Literally any pixie dust polishes. I don’t have any yet, but I always keep close tabs on new collections because I think they look awesome and beautiful!
Those are my beauty related wishes! I guess it’s a little The Body Shop-heavy this year 😉
Do you have anything special you’d like this year?